So far as my CMS project is concerned, it has many moving parts. Too many, I feel. As such, I spent most of my coding time refactoring some of the app and server initialization to cut down on unnecessary loading. Express, in generating the scaffolding of an app, creates an app.js file where Express is setup with routes/routers and middleware, and a bin/www file file the server is initialized. I wrapped these two files into an index.js. In the process, I was able to remove a few dependencies. It is my hope that I will be able to more successfully implement ES6 modules once I complete this refactor.