Home twitter


026

May 13, 2020

Well, today feels incredibly unproductive. Over and above dealing with a migraine, I spent my time running in circles with authenticating into my database from my app. Yesterday, I enabled access control on my MongoDB installation, which means that users must be authenticated prior to taking any action on the database. I created an admin user for the system, and then I created a user for one of the databases specifically.

Or so I thought.

Turns out the secondary user was never created. Of course, I didn't realize this until after I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to connect and authenticate into the database from my application scripts. I had to go in and recreate the database user and set the appropriate user role to manage the database. I then verified that the user indeed existed. From there, I figured out how to appropriately connect to, and authenticate into, the database I'll be using for this app.

Once that was done, I tinkered with inserting a document via my app, but didn't get very far with that. Nor did I try very hard. That will be a task for tomorrow.